About Me

My photo
We are a happy little family of four. We couldn't be happier about our newest addition, son Noah. Our life journey has taken us here, there and hopefully, everywhere in between. Who would've thought we'd be where we are today. Nothing in our life has been, "traditional," and we wouldn't have it any other way.

background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No Fun

Since moving here the longest that Adam's been away was during SERE school and that was no fun. This time he's in New Orleans for 2 and a half weeks doing some flight training and I know I'll get to talk to him everyday, but it still stinks. I've grown so accustomed to having him next to me in bed at night. So the conclusion that I've come to is that deployments are going to suck royally. BUT thankfully he said that there is word that there isn't a boat leaving in May so it will most likely be in June... YAY an extra month that I get to have him, but that just means instead of him coming home in November, he'll be coming home in December... Hopefully. But then again that's all just here-say for now... It is the US Navy. The suckiest part is that I've never had to experience a deployment yet... so I really have no idea how badly this is all going to suck. Geeez. Anyways, Adam arrived safely to the Navy base and checked into his room. He's complained of the heat, humidity, and the fact that his room smells like old dead people. I can't say I'm jealous of the weather, or the room, at all. I am jealous of the great Cajun food he'll get to consume! Maybe he'll bring something back for baby & I.

On a happier note, baby is 9 weeks today & is about the size of a grape! I've been craving tons of fruit and water with lots of ice. Besides the fruit I really don't have any other specific food cravings or aversions. I crave just about everything... If you mention it, I'll crave it. At the moment I'm craving chicken fried steak and anything Cajun. I'm trying my best to stay away from the unhealthy stuff for baby's sake & mine too. Man but what I'd do for a chicken fried steak with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy..... UGGHHHHH. I have been exhausted all day and took a nice long nap today after taking Dually to the vet to have his bandages removed. (Poor Dually had his 4th surgery on his ears. But he's such a trooper & I love him.) Back to my happier note... We have another appointment with our OB Gyn, Dr. Melissa Chinn, March 31st. I will be 12 weeks and 1 day at that appointment! Hope all goes well!! I am also hoping that before I come home in May for Tommy's graduation (YAY!!), Adam and I will get to find out what the gender of the baby is! We discussed not finding out... but we quickly nixed that idea. We're too anxious & it is really difficult to decorate a nursery or even register when you don't know! I'm not patient enough to wait... Surprised??

Well until next time, Toodles & Happy Toes to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment