About Me

My photo
We are a happy little family of four. We couldn't be happier about our newest addition, son Noah. Our life journey has taken us here, there and hopefully, everywhere in between. Who would've thought we'd be where we are today. Nothing in our life has been, "traditional," and we wouldn't have it any other way.

background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Changes

Considering we live so far away from family & friends... & we're expecting a little one... I thought that now was a good a time as any to start this blog. There've been so many changes in Adam and I's life in the last two years. The biggest change was moving to Oak Harbor, Washington in the far NE of the U.S. & buying our first home.

NOW, our biggest change is going to be a little one. We actually found out the night of February 8th, I believe that was the same day our very good friends Chris & Corrine had their precious baby girl Mikalyn... Adam was shocked & excited when I showed him the pregnancy test. We had to wait until I was at least 8 weeks pregnant to have our first pre-natal appointment. The original date for our first pre-natal appointment was March 7th, Adam's 30th birthday. However his work schedule conflicted with our appointment so they were able to squeeze us in on March 3rd. Considering that Adam and I are horrible about keeping secrets, we'd decided that as soon as we had our first appointment we would share the news with our family & friends. Now, this appointment was Adam's first time to ever go to ANY doctor's appointment with me. It was interesting for him, to say the least. Our OB-Gyn, Melissa Chinn was recommended by our good friends & neighbors. Her office is located in Coupeville, which is only 15 minutes from our house. Dr. Chinn is awesome and was wonderful, she made Adam and I feel very comfortable and even made us laugh. During our first visit we had an ultrasound and got to have our first image of our little blueberry. Adam said that when he first saw the baby on the ultrasound, he felt like he was floating... Once the Dr. Chinn showed us our baby on the ultrasound, she measured the baby... we were surprised to find out that the baby was measuring 8 weeks and 1 day. We thought that I was only 7 weeks and 1 day along! So either this baby is already measuring bigger then it should be... or I'm further along then I thought I was.

So far the first tri-mester has made me extremely tired, hungry, a little emotional now & then and a bit nauseous. Right now, I'm not showing... thankfully. But I'm feeling the nausea, however I've only vomited 3 times though. I even went to Cross-Fit today, made it through the warm-up & did the workout without having the urge to throw up! Score for me! I even had the energy to do laundry, the dishes & walk Dually around the neighborhood a few times with our neighbors Mike, Camille, & their dogs Ike & Lacy. Today has been a successful day... Finally.

Tomorrow Adam leaves for 2 and a 1/2 weeks for New Orleans for training. Booo... I'll be here... Missing him of course & hopefully getting the house cleaned up some before he returns! Oh can't forget that I've got to figure out the wall color for the nursery. We've painted... but now Adam doesn't like the way it looks at night. SO... I've got to get some samples of other colors that he'll hopefully like. But, I am not painting that whole room without him, sorry Adam, you're not getting out of this one.

Toodles for now

4 comments:

  1. Aw... I love the new blog! Keep us posted... Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog title "HAPPY TOES" :) KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. Gives me the sense of being with you and Adam. ~ YiaYia Beth

    ReplyDelete