Could these weeks go by any slower?
Well, I've taken a break from Cross-Fit, but picked up swimming & walking daily, which is already exhausting enough. I forgot how much I love & miss swimming! Fish belong in water, & so do I. After our second appointment on March 31st, I'll hopefully get back to Cross-Fit. I've cut back on the Cross-Fit out of sheer concern of over doing it... but I do plan on getting back to it sooner then later. I've been swimming though for an hour in the afternoons at an indoor swimming pool about 2 miles from the house. It feels so good on my body, especially my back! It's so very relaxing. In the late afternoon Camille and I walk the puppies & chit chat. && of course, I finally think that I've finished the main points of baby's registries at Target & Babies R Us... All from the comforts of home using my handy dandy computer! Bless the internet.
Since Adam has been gone I've had a bit of trouble sleeping, hopefully when he gets back Saturday or Sunday my sleeping will return also. Thankfully I have wonderful neighbors to keep me occupied. Mike and Sara had their precious baby Joseph Piccone last week and has kept them oh so busy. Maureen's husband has finally returned from deployment... only for a month or so... but it's better then nothing I guess. Camille's husband left this last weekend for deployment again... thankfully he's only gone for 2 1/2 months at a time and home for 2 months. Deployment is becoming more and more of a reality. But for now, out of sight out of mind. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it I guess...
So, I'm not so sure if you can count my cravings as, "Cravings." Anytime I see something I want it. If I don't get it... I obsess over it until I get it. Well one of my latest cravings was Banh Mi Thit, aka, Vietnamese Sandwiches. After watching Diner's, Drive-In's & Dives, I couldn't get it out of my mind. I researched SEVERAL sandwich shops in Seattle that claimed to have great Banh Mi. Coincidentally, Camille had to go to Everett to pick up her sewing machine and asked if I'd like to tag along. I was more then glad to and mentioned the sandwiches in Seattle and she was game. We decided to just make a day of it and add lunch in a gorgeous park in Queen Anne & ice skating to the mix. We had a blast. It was fun to visit Seattle's China Town... but we were on a mission for Banh Mi Thit. So, we made way to one of the shops on my list. Camille was amazed that $9.38 fed & filled 2 people. Let me just say, they weren't quite like the ones in Houston, but they curbed my craving! They were still delicious & Camille loved them. We were so hungry that we didn't even think to order more then just 2 sandwiches, which we both regretted by dinner time. After the sandwiches we went ice skating in Lynnwood, which was on the way home from Seattle. We had so much fun & since we went in the middle of the day there wasn't a crowd! We finished our day at the Skagit Co-Op to pick up some organic food & made our way back to Oak Harbor.
I was POOPED after our adventurous day & baby desperately needed a nap. Probably wasn't the best idea to take a nap at 5:45pm but I needed it. Unfortunately, now I'm not so tired. Oh well I guess. Tomorrow Dually goes back to the vet to have some of his stitches & stences removed. I should probably try to get some sleep...
Toodles!


I am glad that you had a good time with Camille in Seattle. It is a blessing to have good neighbors. Mom
ReplyDelete