About Me

My photo
We are a happy little family of four. We couldn't be happier about our newest addition, son Noah. Our life journey has taken us here, there and hopefully, everywhere in between. Who would've thought we'd be where we are today. Nothing in our life has been, "traditional," and we wouldn't have it any other way.

background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crazy Life... My Life.

It was nice to have a drama free week around our house since Daddy left. Noah and I have been enjoying time at home cuddling and crawling about the house. 


This week, Noah's sweet oversized raincoat came in the mail along with his adorable rain boots! I was so excited about them! Now we can go play in the rain!! (It rains quite frequently here)


Adam update: 
Here's a picture of the jet with Adam's name on it taking off the carrier. 
(I'm not sure if that's him flying it though)

Adam hasn't been gone that long yet, but it feels like an eternity! The email on the carrier has been down since it left basically. They sent someone out to fix it. It was fixed for a day and a half... and it's broken again. Of course. Adam is doing well though. He's flying a lot and exhausted. 

Single Parenting:
Last deployment was rough because I was oh so very pregnant and had a baby without my dear husband... while trying to keep the house together & take care of our beloved puppy far away from family.

This deployment so far is... ehhh (it's still very early on). If you asked me 6 years ago what I'd be doing in 6 years, I would have never thought I'd have a dog, be married, moved 3 times (once outside of the country), have a baby (while my husband was deployed...), live overseas with an infant, dog, and immense language barrier. Sounds crazy... that's because it is. I have to applaud all the other spouses that have done this numerous times with more then 1 child and more then 1 pet! It's definitely an adventure with many ups and downs. 

I love my dear & precious little boy. He's God's gift to his Daddy & I. I wouldn't change one thing about that little booger. He makes me smile from ear to ear everyday. Admittedly, I've had my difficult moments though (ie. febrile seizure). But boy oh boy, when that kid gives you his 4 tooth grin and scrunches up his nose... you can't help but smile. 



I am very hesitant to actually take Noah to the CDC (Child Development Center) on base so that I can go run some errands or work out. I enjoy all of this time with my child and treasure it. One day he won't be a baby anymore and I won't be able to get these moments back. I'm sure I'll get a bit burnt out eventually. But I just can't bring myself to take him to the CDC. 

I've learned to work out with him or while he's napping. I eat when I can... or when I remember to, but it's usually a quick and small bite. I definitely eat more when Adam is here. There's really no point, or time, to cook a whole meal for just one person. My meals at home consist of either a salad, tuna salad or a sandwich with a small handful of chips. I've been trying to cut back on eating out per request of the husband. I do still eat out though, it's nice to have some adult interaction. I have to wait until Noah's asleep at night to shower... and sometimes, I don't have the energy to take a shower. Laundry is done when I get a minute or two, one to two days out of the week. Dishes are done... every night (most of the time). Cleaning of the house... well, I try to do it once a week... but sometimes it's once every two weeks. Everything is in my hands. And the simplest of tasks are made difficult because I'm toting around Noah. I've been putting off exchanging our dehumidifier that the Navy base loaned us (it makes an awful loud rattling noise... our last one I exchanged smelled of burnt rubber when we tried to use it). That thing is big and heavy and I'm always forgetting to put it in the car. I finally put it in the car today so that I can take it tomorrow to exchange it, but of course it's going to rain tomorrow. We'll see if I actually get it done tomorrow. I miss having Adam around to hang out with, but also to take out the trash and recycling (they're intense here about sorting out their recycling), pick up the dog poop, and take Dually to the dog park. Everyday I wake up exhausted and go to bed exhausted. I try to get out of the house everyday for at least an hour for my own sanity... but it's just so much easier to stay at home with Noah then to go out. Everything I do is without my better half. Some days it's not so bad. Other days, I wonder what the heck I'm doing. At the end of everyday though, I'm so thankful for this life that I get to live. 

On another note... I've been trying to get the house put together since Adam left. Slowly but surely it's coming together. In an effort to get my butt into gear and get the house really together, I decided to have some of the wives over for a potluck at our house this Friday (I'm making my gumbo). Now I HAVE to get this house in order! Can't have a messy & blah house! I'll post pictures another day... it's not picture ready quite just yet. 

I've also become obsessed with Blogilates (www.blogilates.com). They're great workouts that I can do at home during the little bit of free time that I have. 

Well, it's time to hit the sack and recharge. 1am already... geez. Did I mention that I have a really difficult time going to sleep at night without the husband? It's definitely not helping my exhaustion. *sigh* I wish I could sleep as soundly as Noah... 



Until Next Time! 



1 comment:

  1. Cathy, I applaud YOU! I can't seem to get it done most days either... and I have a husband around! It's exhausting in general to be a parent of a infant, but doing it solo in a foreign country is a task not many of us dare take on. You do what you are given, I suppose... and you are doing it well. lOve you, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete