About Me

My photo
We are a happy little family of four. We couldn't be happier about our newest addition, son Noah. Our life journey has taken us here, there and hopefully, everywhere in between. Who would've thought we'd be where we are today. Nothing in our life has been, "traditional," and we wouldn't have it any other way.

background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's been Awhile...

Wow, it's been awhile. Much has happened since my last post.

For starters... my dear husband and baby's Daddy finally came home. It was a tearful reunion for all three of us and everything I thought it would be to have the whole family under one roof. Adam jumped right into his role as Daddy. It was amazing.


It wasn't long after Adam came home that we had to start preparing to move our lives to Japan. The moving part all happened so quickly and was such a headache. We were able to find a great renter for our  beloved home. We were so sad to say goodbye to the Mike & Camille as they were just bringing home their dear adopted son, Dmitry. In between our move from Oak Harbor, WA to Atsugi, Japan, we spent a wonderful week in Seattle. Adam's oldest brother Demetri, his girlfriend, Holly, and my brother and his wife came to visit us in Seattle. It was great to have some family with us right before we left. The flight from Washington to Japan was long... and slightly miserable... as I had feared.

After arriving in Japan, we made our way to NAF Atsugi... We stayed on base for two weeks while we house hunted and waited for our house to be ready. We found a great home in Ayase-shi, which is considered to be in the "country." But, we love it because we don't have homes on all 4 sides of us. We are about 10-15 minutes from base and most of our other friends live near Camp Zama, an Army base about 20-25 minutes from base in a different direction. ANYWAYS, we got settled into our home and then Noah decided it was time to start rolling over... soon after that his two bottom teeth started to come in.... then he learned how to crawl and now he's got 4 teeth!

(when his first two teeth started to come in) 

As quickly as we got here, Adam had to start preparing for the dreaded D word... deployment. He ended up leaving a week late because there were some issues. We were just happy to have him home for an extra week. Then he left... Noah, Dually & I were pretty sad about it. Before Adam left, he was able to be here for Noah's first time swimming.


A few days after Adam left, the scariest and most terrifying thing happened. Around 3:45pm, Noah had a febrile seizure while I was feeding him baby food in his highchair. He'd never had a seizure before and it scared me to DEATH! I honestly thought I was going to lose him. I called 119 (Japanese emergency number), but the EMS didn't understand me and couldn't understand me as I tried to tell him where I lived. I ran out into the middle of the street and started yelling for help as I held Noah's limp body in my arms. He wasn't breathing quite right and was blue. Thankfully my Japanese neighbor across from us came out to take her daughter somewhere and saw/heard me. I gave her the phone and she talked to the EMS person to tell him where I lived. She then stood outside to wait for the ambulance to come and instructed me to go inside while I waited... It felt like an eternity until the ambulance got there and Noah was starting to come to, he still wasn't breathing quite right and kept closing his eyes. I would 't let him close his eyes though, I wanted to keep him awake so that I knew he was still breathing. The ambulance came and I handed them my dear son. Soon after my friend Brandi arrived. I had called her and our XO's wife while I waited on the ambulance. Brandi stayed with me until the ambulance transported us to NAF Atsugi's clinic. She then took Dually home with her and came to meet me at the base clinic. By this time Noah was looking and acting normal again. He was just scared and hungry. After drawing blood and taking a chest X-ray, the doctor decided to send us to Yokosuka because they thought that maybe Noah had pneumonia. We were then transported in another ambulance to Yokosuka, which was an hour away. The XO's wife and my friend Sarah met us at Yokosuka for moral support... and a ride home later. The ER doctor at Yokosuka looked at Noah's blood results & X-rays and concluded that Noah did indeed have pneumonia which caused him to have a high fever... which caused his febrile seizure.  He was prescribed Amoxicillin and we sent on our way. We finally got back home around 11pm. It was a long day and we were all exhausted. Sarah stayed with us that night just in case Noah had another febrile seizure and we had to go back to the ER. Noah didn't sleep well that night. He woke up every two hours and didn't take a single nap the next day. He was back to his old happy and busy self the next day though.

I'm glad to report that Noah is just fine now. He has a check-up with our doctor at NAF Atsugi Friday morning.

Well, that's all for now. Until next time!

Tootles,
The K-13s


No comments:

Post a Comment